So A Texas Judge rules to validate a transgender man’s marriage to a woman. The case is the first win of its kind. This without a doubt a victory, but this victory has a bittersweet tase to it. As we all know , well should know, Nikki Araguz is in the process of long appeal after her marriage to her husband was voided by a Texas judge after the death of her firefighter husband. Also in 1999, Christie Littleton’s marriage was deemed null and void as well after se attempted to go against a doctor for malpractice which resulted in her husband’s death. So that is two transgender women denied. Yet here we are another marriage case but with a transgender man, and his marriage is deemd valid and therefore respected. Is this just a coincidence? I dont think so. This that male privilege tat we all have discuss subtle. You hear its while watching FTMs talk about how they feel more empowered to speak and and be heard in the mist to other moreso that when the were living a sthere prior selves. That same male privilege that allows Ftms to get there top surgery to remove breast paid for under insurance because gynecomastia is cover by insurance. It is not consider cosmetic because God formid a male have breasts. That just have to be a medical condition that needs to be fix. Yet top surgery for MTFs are consider cosmetic and are not covers by medical insurance. Now this blog is not to imply that MTFs dont have some form of privilege that come with transition because we as well. I just want to bring it to the attention of my reader to show how full of shit our justice and social system is. Male privilege, bio or not, and misogyny shows up in the most obscure forms and situations. Anywho Like I said this a victory and I will looking at it as a step in the right direction hopefully toward many more.
- #122 Princess Zaya and the Super Wades February 20, 2020
- #121 Love Is Not Musty February 13, 2020
- #120 Shaking Purses & TextBooks February 6, 2020
- #119 Mia's Mom January 30, 2020
- #118 Creating Triggers January 24, 2020
- #117 Is Being Trans Brave? January 16, 2020
- #116 Iran da Memes and TS Marvel Dreams January 9, 2020
- #115 Lets Keep Our Hands To Ourselves January 2, 2020
- #114 Holiday Times and Looking Forward December 26, 2019
- #113 Fat Black Supremacy feat Devon and Marnina December 19, 2019
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.