In my opinion, Dr Laura Schlessinger was right. There is a double standard when it comes to the use of the word “nigger.” That double standard is rightfully in place for a reason. That reason is the history of the word. Nigger is not going anywhere. It will be still used in the backwoods of Mississippi by some redneck grand dragon to his brothers and used by some urban thug in the streets of New York to his brothers. That will not change. What I disagree with in Dr Laura statements are the stereotypes of black voters and the so called chip on the shoulder. Offensive is offensive. Like beauty, what is offensive is in the eye of the beholder. The African-American caller was expressing that she was offended by statements her white husband’s friends were making. I don’t see how black comics using nigger on HBO has anything to do with a Black woman being offended by her White husband’s friend comments.
I get her logic on the issue of the double standard, but what did that have to do with what the caller was talking about? Does black people using the N word make it ok for her husband friend to say nigger aka offended her? Not at all.
Race is very sensitive and complex issue. It something that is on the forefront of most people mind when dealing with other races. This is especially true when dealing with an interracial couple which the caller was apart of. I am not gonna make joke or innuendos about immigration among my friend and his Mexican wife. Or aids joke among gays friends, terrorist jokes around my Muslim friends. There is a certain level of tact that should be involved because we all know how sensitive that subject is in the country. As an educated woman Dr Laura should know that.
- #249 Wednesday and Charles December 2, 2022
- #248 Insider November 24, 2022
- #247 Hard Words & Friends November 17, 2022
- #246 We Got 5 On It October 7, 2022
- #245 Organized Chaos September 29, 2022
- #244 Fantasy DEI September 15, 2022
- #243 Flaws & Disabilities September 9, 2022
- #242 Possibility Models of the Pynk August 25, 2022
- #241 Give Up The Money PawPaw August 18, 2022
- #240 Gotta Move Different August 11, 2022
- Can't yall give Bokeem Woodbine more roles... Please & thanks https://t.co/tnoCT5s5hk 24 minutes ago
- RT @szalishhh: KEKE PALMER ANNOUNCES HER PREGNANCY!!! https://t.co/gzzya4NWa9 2 hours ago
- RT @Nahshondionand1: Today, I had an intense three-hour interview with @DiamondStylz. We went down her memory lane, discussing her family,… 6 hours ago
- ‘Gimme Euphoria’ Full Song on.soundcloud.com/cnkSi 9 hours ago
- RT @DariusAmore: Again I ask… When are we gonna start slut shaming Common? https://t.co/ALvUMkU6ct 23 hours ago