In my opinion, Dr Laura Schlessinger was right. There is a double standard when it comes to the use of the word “nigger.” That double standard is rightfully in place for a reason. That reason is the history of the word. Nigger is not going anywhere. It will be still used in the backwoods of Mississippi by some redneck grand dragon to his brothers and used by some urban thug in the streets of New York to his brothers. That will not change. What I disagree with in Dr Laura statements are the stereotypes of black voters and the so called chip on the shoulder. Offensive is offensive. Like beauty, what is offensive is in the eye of the beholder. The African-American caller was expressing that she was offended by statements her white husband’s friends were making. I don’t see how black comics using nigger on HBO has anything to do with a Black woman being offended by her White husband’s friend comments.
I get her logic on the issue of the double standard, but what did that have to do with what the caller was talking about? Does black people using the N word make it ok for her husband friend to say nigger aka offended her? Not at all.
Race is very sensitive and complex issue. It something that is on the forefront of most people mind when dealing with other races. This is especially true when dealing with an interracial couple which the caller was apart of. I am not gonna make joke or innuendos about immigration among my friend and his Mexican wife. Or aids joke among gays friends, terrorist jokes around my Muslim friends. There is a certain level of tact that should be involved because we all know how sensitive that subject is in the country. As an educated woman Dr Laura should know that.
- #140 You're So Articulate For A Coon June 25, 2020
- #139 Winning and Losing June 18, 2020
- #138 Squirming In Discomfort June 11, 2020
- #137 Tony,Iyanna,Breonna June 5, 2020
- #136 911 Is Karen's Customer Support May 28, 2020
- #135 Extra Friendly Nuts May 21, 2020
- #134 Are We Still Whoopin? May 14, 2020
- #133 Im Calling CPS on Them May 7, 2020
- #132 King Ester Review feat Dane Edidi ( @THELadyDane ) April 30, 2020
- #131 420 Reminisce April 23, 2020
- RT @__SoIC: Me whenever I wear a mask: https://t.co/k8ZTSERCEc 4 hours ago
- 👍 on @YouTube: Zendaya & MJ Rodriguez - Actors on Actors - Full Conversation youtube.com/watch?v=4IobmO… 5 hours ago
- Zendaya & MJ Rodriguez - Actors on Actors - Full Conversation youtu.be/4IobmOqUHWQ via @YouTube 6 hours ago
- RT @fakerapper: Oh you wanna know who wrote the first publication on trans 101 to be used by institutions? A gotdamn BLACK TRANS MAN—Alexan… 6 hours ago
- RT @JoshuaPotash: I don’t think people understand. This is NYC right now. Day 30. In a row. The #BlackLivesMatter movement is just gettin… 7 hours ago