In my opinion, Dr Laura Schlessinger was right. There is a double standard when it comes to the use of the word “nigger.” That double standard is rightfully in place for a reason. That reason is the history of the word. Nigger is not going anywhere. It will be still used in the backwoods of Mississippi by some redneck grand dragon to his brothers and used by some urban thug in the streets of New York to his brothers. That will not change. What I disagree with in Dr Laura statements are the stereotypes of black voters and the so called chip on the shoulder. Offensive is offensive. Like beauty, what is offensive is in the eye of the beholder. The African-American caller was expressing that she was offended by statements her white husband’s friends were making. I don’t see how black comics using nigger on HBO has anything to do with a Black woman being offended by her White husband’s friend comments.
I get her logic on the issue of the double standard, but what did that have to do with what the caller was talking about? Does black people using the N word make it ok for her husband friend to say nigger aka offended her? Not at all.
Race is very sensitive and complex issue. It something that is on the forefront of most people mind when dealing with other races. This is especially true when dealing with an interracial couple which the caller was apart of. I am not gonna make joke or innuendos about immigration among my friend and his Mexican wife. Or aids joke among gays friends, terrorist jokes around my Muslim friends. There is a certain level of tact that should be involved because we all know how sensitive that subject is in the country. As an educated woman Dr Laura should know that.
- #152 UK Connecting feat. Kuchenga (@kuchengcheng) Trigger Warning September 17, 2020
- #151 Swiping Right On Predators September 10, 2020
- #150 For The Fellas feat. Oshea and Jasper September 3, 2020
- #149 For Harriet & Marsha feat. @KimberlyNFoster August 27, 2020
- #148 Curating Black Trans Power feat @RaquelWillis_ August 20, 2020
- #147 WAPPIN August 13, 2020
- #146 Men Got Work To Do feat. George Lee (@TheConsciousLee) August 6, 2020
- #145 Lets Sue Everybody July 30, 2020
- #144 All Boys Arent Blue feat @IamGMJohnson July 23, 2020
- #143 Boycott DL Men July 16, 2020
- RT @TrevellAnderson: Y’all gotta getchu a man like mine!! Bae out here photographing legends @itsgabrielleu and @DwyaneWade for #TIME100!… 1 hour ago
- RT @chasestrangio: It is such an honor and I am so moved to be on this year’s #TIME100 alongside one of the people who influenced me the mo… 1 hour ago
- RT @janetmock: Congrats to my sister and friend @tourmaliiine. You are a beacon. Thank you for showing us to ourselves. https://t.co/T9Ra2H… 1 hour ago
- RT @Karnythia: Stay. Out. Of. Grown. Folks. Business. twitter.com/Theory901/stat… 1 hour ago
- RT @janiciaf: Auntie said she’s here at the “behest” of her sister and “most ASSUREDLY will not” post every day 😂 Glamour and refinement ha… 2 hours ago