In my opinion, Dr Laura Schlessinger was right. There is a double standard when it comes to the use of the word “nigger.” That double standard is rightfully in place for a reason. That reason is the history of the word. Nigger is not going anywhere. It will be still used in the backwoods of Mississippi by some redneck grand dragon to his brothers and used by some urban thug in the streets of New York to his brothers. That will not change. What I disagree with in Dr Laura statements are the stereotypes of black voters and the so called chip on the shoulder. Offensive is offensive. Like beauty, what is offensive is in the eye of the beholder. The African-American caller was expressing that she was offended by statements her white husband’s friends were making. I don’t see how black comics using nigger on HBO has anything to do with a Black woman being offended by her White husband’s friend comments.
I get her logic on the issue of the double standard, but what did that have to do with what the caller was talking about? Does black people using the N word make it ok for her husband friend to say nigger aka offended her? Not at all.
Race is very sensitive and complex issue. It something that is on the forefront of most people mind when dealing with other races. This is especially true when dealing with an interracial couple which the caller was apart of. I am not gonna make joke or innuendos about immigration among my friend and his Mexican wife. Or aids joke among gays friends, terrorist jokes around my Muslim friends. There is a certain level of tact that should be involved because we all know how sensitive that subject is in the country. As an educated woman Dr Laura should know that.
- #203 Stepping Back feat. @FelicityNoire September 23, 2021
- #202 Trans Tech Talk feat. Jabari September 16, 2021
- #201 Breaking Up With 12 feat Toni Michelle Williams September 9, 2021
- #200 More Joy & Less Limits feat. @MarquiseVilson September 2, 2021
- #199 Onlyfans Is Playing in Our Face August 27, 2021
- #198 Its The Fluidity for Me August 19, 2021
- #197 Zoie And The Strip August 12, 2021
- #196 Doing Too Much feat Mia's Dad August 5, 2021
- #195 Contours of Humanity feat. Candace Simpson @CandyCornball July 30, 2021
- #194 Nobody Owns English July 22, 2021
- RT @ACLUTx: "Political attacks on transgender people in Texas are contributing to a culture of hate and violence that results in our daily… 5 hours ago
- R. Kelly messing with minor since I was in high-school in the 90s... And him just now getting convicted when I'm 40 https://t.co/F3K2rSOv1C 6 hours ago
- I love how @WoodyHarrelson is really low key turning into one of the great seasoned actors ...he has been doing con… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- What did yall use to do when yall skipped school? I use to steal from Nordstrom and pull 20 something year old tra… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @Dedric_Mandel: You & I 🖤 https://t.co/Q0ccRk17El 1 day ago