In my opinion, Dr Laura Schlessinger was right. There is a double standard when it comes to the use of the word “nigger.” That double standard is rightfully in place for a reason. That reason is the history of the word. Nigger is not going anywhere. It will be still used in the backwoods of Mississippi by some redneck grand dragon to his brothers and used by some urban thug in the streets of New York to his brothers. That will not change. What I disagree with in Dr Laura statements are the stereotypes of black voters and the so called chip on the shoulder. Offensive is offensive. Like beauty, what is offensive is in the eye of the beholder. The African-American caller was expressing that she was offended by statements her white husband’s friends were making. I don’t see how black comics using nigger on HBO has anything to do with a Black woman being offended by her White husband’s friend comments.
I get her logic on the issue of the double standard, but what did that have to do with what the caller was talking about? Does black people using the N word make it ok for her husband friend to say nigger aka offended her? Not at all.
Race is very sensitive and complex issue. It something that is on the forefront of most people mind when dealing with other races. This is especially true when dealing with an interracial couple which the caller was apart of. I am not gonna make joke or innuendos about immigration among my friend and his Mexican wife. Or aids joke among gays friends, terrorist jokes around my Muslim friends. There is a certain level of tact that should be involved because we all know how sensitive that subject is in the country. As an educated woman Dr Laura should know that.
- #162 Patriarchs In Disguise November 26, 2020
- #161 Hooking the Ups feat J. (@janiciaf) November 19, 2020
- #160 Worldly Transphobia November 12, 2020
- #159 Realness and the Pank November 5, 2020
- #158 We Stan 80s Trans Slashers Here feat. @Veloci_trap_tor October 29, 2020
- #157 Agender Brilliance feat. Zerandrian ( @ignantintellect ) October 22, 2020
- #156 This Trans Migrant Tea feat. Ola October 15, 2020
- #155 HIV: Friends, Status, and Joy October 8, 2020
- #154 Third Time Around October 1, 2020
- #153 Bi Bootay Hole Test September 24, 2020
- Werqqqq sis twitter.com/lmHardlyA1/sta… https://t.co/4FYsB48AwQ 9 hours ago
- 👍 on @YouTube: Stokley, Chante Moore, Shanice & PJ Morton Put On In The Soul Cypher Soul Train Awards 20 youtube.com/watch?v=ee736F… 10 hours ago
- RT @gendereveal: Would be really cool if @TheElliotPage only did interviews about his transition with trans journalists! I am just saying!… 11 hours ago
- RT @lola_veux: @sportyidk Sky Daddy’s book: “treat everyone with kindness” Sky Daddy’s Son: “treat everyone with kindness” Sky Daddy’s fo… 11 hours ago
- RT @missalfiejean: I really like this photo. https://t.co/LOCLMQI28Z 11 hours ago