In my opinion, Dr Laura Schlessinger was right. There is a double standard when it comes to the use of the word “nigger.” That double standard is rightfully in place for a reason. That reason is the history of the word. Nigger is not going anywhere. It will be still used in the backwoods of Mississippi by some redneck grand dragon to his brothers and used by some urban thug in the streets of New York to his brothers. That will not change. What I disagree with in Dr Laura statements are the stereotypes of black voters and the so called chip on the shoulder. Offensive is offensive. Like beauty, what is offensive is in the eye of the beholder. The African-American caller was expressing that she was offended by statements her white husband’s friends were making. I don’t see how black comics using nigger on HBO has anything to do with a Black woman being offended by her White husband’s friend comments.
I get her logic on the issue of the double standard, but what did that have to do with what the caller was talking about? Does black people using the N word make it ok for her husband friend to say nigger aka offended her? Not at all.
Race is very sensitive and complex issue. It something that is on the forefront of most people mind when dealing with other races. This is especially true when dealing with an interracial couple which the caller was apart of. I am not gonna make joke or innuendos about immigration among my friend and his Mexican wife. Or aids joke among gays friends, terrorist jokes around my Muslim friends. There is a certain level of tact that should be involved because we all know how sensitive that subject is in the country. As an educated woman Dr Laura should know that.
- #127 Locked Down and PornTings March 26, 2020
- #126 To Fish or Not To Fish March 19, 2020
- #125 Corona & Bi Folks Got Us Shook March 12, 2020
- #124 The Long Walk & Two-Spirit Talk feat. Yue Begay March 5, 2020
- #123 Black Podcast Joy February 27, 2020
- #122 Princess Zaya and the Super Wades February 20, 2020
- #121 Love Is Not Musty February 13, 2020
- #120 Shaking Purses & TextBooks February 6, 2020
- #119 Mia's Mom January 30, 2020
- #118 Creating Triggers January 24, 2020
- RT @jayctigerfan: LMAO the accuracy #Rona https://t.co/rLZGdLGJfQ 1 hour ago
- brownandtrans: Today is a day to celebrate all trans people, but trans people of color are often marginalized and u… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- 👍 on @YouTube: WHY ARE Y'ALL MAKING STUFF UP? Thoughts on the historical inaccuracies of Self Made youtube.com/watch?v=M7oPxE… 12 hours ago
- 👍 on @YouTube: Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe by Vishwash | Amazing Chicken Masala Gravy Recipe | Chicken Tikka youtube.com/watch?v=3gmsGw… 12 hours ago
- 👍 on @YouTube: The GOLD Look - Vintage 1920's inspired Collette Marchant Makeup youtube.com/watch?v=-zjU4T… 15 hours ago