In my opinion, Dr Laura Schlessinger was right. There is a double standard when it comes to the use of the word “nigger.” That double standard is rightfully in place for a reason. That reason is the history of the word. Nigger is not going anywhere. It will be still used in the backwoods of Mississippi by some redneck grand dragon to his brothers and used by some urban thug in the streets of New York to his brothers. That will not change. What I disagree with in Dr Laura statements are the stereotypes of black voters and the so called chip on the shoulder. Offensive is offensive. Like beauty, what is offensive is in the eye of the beholder. The African-American caller was expressing that she was offended by statements her white husband’s friends were making. I don’t see how black comics using nigger on HBO has anything to do with a Black woman being offended by her White husband’s friend comments.
I get her logic on the issue of the double standard, but what did that have to do with what the caller was talking about? Does black people using the N word make it ok for her husband friend to say nigger aka offended her? Not at all.
Race is very sensitive and complex issue. It something that is on the forefront of most people mind when dealing with other races. This is especially true when dealing with an interracial couple which the caller was apart of. I am not gonna make joke or innuendos about immigration among my friend and his Mexican wife. Or aids joke among gays friends, terrorist jokes around my Muslim friends. There is a certain level of tact that should be involved because we all know how sensitive that subject is in the country. As an educated woman Dr Laura should know that.
- #194 Nobody Owns English July 22, 2021
- #193 Who Are True Crime Faves feat. Adonis Darling July 16, 2021
- #192 Changing the Game feat. Mack Beggs July 8, 2021
- #191 Kisses & BBLs July 1, 2021
- #190 Out of the Frying Pan feat. Dominique Morgan June 24, 2021
- #189 Is Iceland Predicting Trans Futures? June 17, 2021
- #188 Pride & Masculinity feat. Michael D. Battle June 10, 2021
- #187 Too Str8 To Be Gaying June 3, 2021
- #MarshasPlate Reviews #PoseFX S3 Ep 3 June 1, 2021
- #MarshasPlate Reviews #PoseFX S3 Ep 2 May 30, 2021
- RT @TheQueenSpeaks_: Saying violent homophobic people are like that cause they’re closeted queer adds to the idea that non straight people… 4 hours ago
- RT @PiaGlenn: The gall to bring up Kerri Strug's Olympics performance on her badly injured ankle and saying THAT'S strength but Simone is w… 6 hours ago
- RT @faithhannah: @CharlotteAbotsi Thank you! The closer you are to whiteness the more they cater to you. It’s like Black Women, especially… 8 hours ago
- RT @CharlotteAbotsi: The Dua Da Baby thing is funny because she’s like “I don’t recognize this as him” as if men like him don’t specificall… 8 hours ago
- And If you aint never sucked a dick/pussy/ass in a parking lot .... have you really lived https://t.co/ef7wPS6Ly8 12 hours ago