In the real world, I was tired. I laid down in my simple bed hoping to get some rest. This would be a simple break from the days worries. I fell asleep quickly. Like the Piscean woman I am, I aligned with my stars and started to dream. My dream self was laying in my bestfriend’s bed. I love her bed because, unlike myself,she opts for the finer things in life. She finds joy in “things” So her things are always nice. They never disappoint her. Her bed is big, plush and all around comfy. This is why I think I was dreaming I was in her bed and not my own.
In the dream world, I am snoozing in my bestie’s bed. I hear a deep familiar voice call my name. It is my ex husband’s voice. I havent seen him in a year. As much as I try not to, I miss him. I look up and see his dark face and soft full lips, I reach out to him. Every emotion in my body pour out of my eyes. I just want to hold him and tell him that I love him. I want him to lay there next to me and we wake to our happily ever after.
As I cry in my dream, my conscious self in the real world WAKES ME UP like some scene from an old Freddy Krueger movie. You know the scene when Freddy is about attack and the friend wakes up the sleeping friend just in time for the dreamer to not be cut by Freddie glove.
A close one
Yes I miss my husband and I still love him. No matter how much he claims to love me, his actions didnt live up to his words. Unlike my bestfriend, I find joy in people not things. Her things never disappointed. Sometime my people do. My husband was one. I had to wake myself up, I cant live in that dream because I will end up a corpse. Empty and Dead. Chasing life.
In the real world, I laid in my regular bed, alone, slightly uncomfortable but I was out of harm’s way.
- #152 UK Connecting feat. Kuchenga (@kuchengcheng) Trigger Warning September 17, 2020
- #151 Swiping Right On Predators September 10, 2020
- #150 For The Fellas feat. Oshea and Jasper September 3, 2020
- #149 For Harriet & Marsha feat. @KimberlyNFoster August 27, 2020
- #148 Curating Black Trans Power feat @RaquelWillis_ August 20, 2020
- #147 WAPPIN August 13, 2020
- #146 Men Got Work To Do feat. George Lee (@TheConsciousLee) August 6, 2020
- #145 Lets Sue Everybody July 30, 2020
- #144 All Boys Arent Blue feat @IamGMJohnson July 23, 2020
- #143 Boycott DL Men July 16, 2020
- RT @TrevellAnderson: Y’all gotta getchu a man like mine!! Bae out here photographing legends @itsgabrielleu and @DwyaneWade for #TIME100!… 3 hours ago
- RT @chasestrangio: It is such an honor and I am so moved to be on this year’s #TIME100 alongside one of the people who influenced me the mo… 3 hours ago
- RT @janetmock: Congrats to my sister and friend @tourmaliiine. You are a beacon. Thank you for showing us to ourselves. https://t.co/T9Ra2H… 3 hours ago
- RT @Karnythia: Stay. Out. Of. Grown. Folks. Business. twitter.com/Theory901/stat… 3 hours ago
- RT @janiciaf: Auntie said she’s here at the “behest” of her sister and “most ASSUREDLY will not” post every day 😂 Glamour and refinement ha… 4 hours ago